In accordance with its mission, the university library acquires and collects media, particularly for the undergraduate and graduate programmes run by the departments of the university, at its three locations. Accordingly, you will find literature and information relating to ...
- Business management and health economics,
- Social work, nursing science and pedagogy, and
- Business management and economics focusing on East and Southeast Asia.
Our print holdings, with more than 110,000 items, are continually updated.
In addition to books, we offer numerous journals in printed and electronic form, newspapers, access to important online databases as well as a continually growing collection of e-books.
The material in our collections is generally open to the public and arranged according to subject area. This gives you the possibility to browse for books directly at the shelves in addition to searching for literature using our online library catalogue (OPAC).
The university library comprises three collections at three different locations:
- Central Library (Collection emphasis: Business management and related fields. Please note the opening hours at the Ernst-Boehe-Straße)
- Social Work and Healthcare Library (Collection emphasis: Social work, nursing science and nursing pedagogy as well as selected literature from other related disciplines such as sociology, educational science, psychology, law, medicine, etc. Please note the opening hours at the Maxstraße)
- East AsiaInstitute Library (Collection emphasis: International Business management and East Asian Languages and Cultures. The East Asia Institute is a reference library. Please note the opening hours at the Rheinpromenade)
How to reach us (map):
Using public transportation
Take bus lines 75, 76 or 78 to bus stop "LU Hochschule"
+49 (0) 621/5203 - 141
Social Work and Healthcare Library
Take tram lines 4 or 10 or bus lines 90 and 6 to bus stop "Pfalzbau".
+49 (0) 621/5203 - 511
East Asia Institute Library
Take the tram or bus to "Berliner Platz" or the train to "Ludwigshafen-Mitte" and walk roughly 300 metres.
+49 (0) 621/5203 - 420